August 19th, 2013
August 13th, 2013
- Go to class. This can’t be stressed enough!!! If you don’t go to class, you’ll miss assignments, extra credit opportunities, and notes. Even if your professor has a lax attendance policy, don’t skip class unless you’re really sick, and if you do miss, e-mail a classmate and find out what you missed.
- Communicate with your professors. They have e-mails and office hours for a reason! If you’re confused about the material you’re learning, they will be more than happy to help. Bonus: going to a professor’s office hours makes you stand out because pretty much no one goes during office hours. (P.S.- before you ask a question, read the syllabus. If it’s a question about makeup testing or some other policy, chances are it’s going to be on the syllabus. They give you this for a reason- use it!!!)
- If your professor posts their notes or Powerpoint slides online, don’t waste your time copying down the slides during class. Pay attention to what the professor is saying and jot down anything you feel is important that is not on the slides.
- When you’re in class, TRY to stay off social media. Some teachers have policies against electronics in the classroom, but even if they don’t, try. I KNOW some classes are simple lectures and they’re really boring but listening during class will help you immensely when you’re trying to study. It won’t feel like you’re learning the material for the first time! (Also, it’s distracting to the people who sit behind you so STOP)
- Make a friend in each of your classes. I can’t tell you how awesome it is to have someone to talk to/work on group projects/study with in class. You don’t even have to start off with the awkward, “Hi, I’m *insert name here*,” just make a comment on something that’s going on in class to break the ice. Other people want to make friends just as bad as you do, so go for it.
- If you can, schedule a lunch break. This will give your mind a rest between classes and help you stay awake and feel more alert for your afternoon classes.
- AVOID 8 AM CLASSES AT ALL COSTS YOU WILL HATE YOURSELF FOR DOING IT.
- If you roll out of bed 5 minutes before class starts, chances are you’re going to sleep through it, which is a complete waste of your time and money. Take time to throw on a pair of jeans and a comfy tee-shirt at the very least. When you look better, you feel better.
- No one cares about how popular you were in high school. There is no popularity on a college campus so find where you fit and meet people you like and who share similar interests.
- College is a weird in-between time and a lot of people get really stressed out about who they are/what they want to do/why they’re even in college to begin with. Don’t neglect your mental heath. If you feel too stressed out or depressed, pray; go to an adult you trust; visit a therapist; do whatever you need to do to help yourself get back on track.
That’s all I’ve got guys enjoy
August 3rd, 2013
July 29th, 2013
July 3rd, 2013
June 21st, 2013
June 12th, 2013
June 7th, 2013
June 5th, 2013
June 3rd, 2013